Flood Information and Resources
Currently, many areas of Ohio are either experiencing flooding or have a forecast for flooding . The following resources may be helpful to you and your family.
- Flood Map: The Ohio River Forecast Center out of the National Weather Service - http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/ohrfc/ - features a flood map depicting current and forecasted flood conditions.
- Flash Flood Map: This link - http://www.srh.noaa.gov/rfcshare/ffg.php?location=OH&zoom_map=state&duration=1 - provides the flash flooding information used to issues watches and warnings - You select the state and the time criteria you wish to view.
- Weather Radio: This link - http://www.weather.gov/nwr/ - provides information on the NOAA Weather Radio - and this link - http://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/nwrrcvr.htm - provides information about purchasing the receiver which is needed to hear the weather information.
- Flood FactSheets/Education: The Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN) - Flood Resources page - http://eden.lsu.edu/Topics/Hazards/Floods/Pages/Default.aspx - provides links to factsheets and other resources that can be helpful for clientele.
- Mold Resources: Mold resources from EDEN are located at this link - http://eden.lsu.edu/Topics/HumanHealth/Mold/Pages/default.aspx.
- Power Outages: The Ohio Committee for Severe Weather Awareness - has Information pertaining to power outages - http://www.weathersafety.ohio.gov/WinterPowerOutages.aspx.
- Before, During, After Flooding: The Ohio Committee for Severe Weather Awareness - also provides information for what to do before, during, and after a flood - http://www.weathersafety.ohio.gov/FloodInformation.aspx.
- Flood Insurance: The Ohio Committee for Severe Weather Awareness also provides information pertaining to flood insurance at this link - http://www.weathersafety.ohio.gov/FloodInsuranceInfo.aspx.
- County Emergency Management Agency Offices: Each County has an Emergency Management Agency Office - this link - http://eoc.ema.state.oh.us/OpsCenter/Contacts/OEMATelephoneDirectory/CountyDirectorList_web.aspx - provides the contact information for each County EMA Office throughout the state. Please contact your local EMA Office for up-to-the minute information pertaining to your county.
Aletha I. Reshan, MS, MCRP
Emergency Management Planning and Education
Dept of Food, Agriculture, and Biological Engineering
The Ohio State University
590 Woody Hayes Drive
Columbus, Ohio 43210