In 1962 Wallace Lytle made a horse trailer for his children. This unique design was his idea. He combined a milk truck chassis with a homemade trailer so that his family’s horses had a room with a view as they traveled.
Mr. Lytle’s son Jim has restored the trailer and is making it available for Wayne County familes that need to transport their children’s horses to local shows, fairs, and other events.
Rules for borrowing the trailer:
- Must be hauled with at least a 1/2 ton (minimum) pickup truck. No cars or small pick ups may be used.
- Must have a 2” ball hitch.
- Driver must be at least 25 years old.
- May only be used within 50 mile radius of Wooster. Other mileages need approval a week before date wanted.
- Trailer cannot be added to or modified in any way.
- Must be returned clean.
Trailer will be kept at Beth Eikelberry’s farm at 4974 Shreve Road, 1/4 mile south of the Pine Tree Barn. Her phone number is 330-264-7322 and her e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org. She will help coordinate its use.
Any questions or problems, please contact Jim Lytle at 330-201-2145 or at email@example.com.