Dear 4-H members, parents, and advisors,
Listed below are a few important 4-H updates and reminders. Please click the links below for more details.
2016 4-H Program and Jr. Fair Updates - this is a PDF copy of the PowerPoint presentation that 4-H Educator Doug Foxx gave during last week's Required Advisor / Volunteer Trainings. This lists out some of the major changes for this year and updates from the various livestock committees, camp dates, and more!
2016 Ohio 4-H Conference offers dozens and dozens of great sessions. Listed below are just a few of the many breakout sessions to choose from. There are also two really great luncheons to attend - one for volunteers and one for 4-H teens. Don't delay - register today. Registration forms and payment are due to the county Extension Office February 12th.
Sampling of 2016 Ohio 4-H Conference Breakout Sessions:
- Being a Leader in 4-H
- Hot Careers you didn’t know about
- Camp Crafts
- Roll out your welcome mat
- Preparing Cloverbuds to Become 4-H’ers
- Garden Projects
- Help! A Member Wants to Sew, But I Don’t! What Do I Do?
- 4-H Filmmaking
- A Horse Project is More Than a Horse Show
- Public Speaking 101
- Discovering your Real Colors
- Time & Life Management
- 4-H Shooting Sports
- Welcome to Ohio 4-H! Now What?
- Trucking Cattle
- Getting & Keeping Campers Attention
- Multiple Sessions on Service
- We’re Done Early, What do I do until the Parents Come?
New 4-H Volunteer Packets Available Online
Outstanding Dairy Youth Award - Application Due February 17, 2016
4-H and Agriculture related Scholarships for Graduating Seniors and recent graduates
- Wayne County 4-H Scholarships - Application Due August 1, 2016
- Ohio 4-H Scholarships - Application Due February 15, 2016
- Wayne County Dairy Service Unit Scholarships - Application Due February 17, 2016
- Ohio State Fair Scholarships - Application Due March 1, 2016
- Ohio Farm Bureau and other Ohio Agriculture Organizations Scholarships