OSU Extension Wayne County has set up testing dates with the Ohio Department of Agriculture (ODA) to allow private and commercial applicators to obtain a pesticide applicators license. To obtain a license, applicators must take and pass a core exam plus one or more specific category exam(s). The cost of a private applicator license is $30 and a commercial applicator license is $35. ODA personnel administer the tests and all testing will take place in Fisher Auditorium at OARDC from 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm on the following dates:
- Wednesday December 20, 2017 in the Fisher Auditorium conference room
- Tuesday, January 16, 2018 in the Fisher Auditorium conference room
- Thursday, February 15, 2018 in the north exhibit area, Fisher Auditorium
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018 in the Fisher Auditorium conference room
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018 in the Fisher Auditorium conference room
There are a limited amount of spaces available for each testing session. Once the spaces are filled, the testing session is closed. Register to reserve a spot online at http://go.osu.edu/ODAexamregistration or by phone to the ODA Pesticide Division at (800) 282-1955, ext. 31.
Anyone taking an exam will be required to show photo identification or some form of identification.
For more information about obtaining exam study materials contact the Wayne County Extension office at 330-264-8722.