USDA Secretary Sonny Perdue introduced the Start Simple with MyPlate campaign—the latest nutrition initiative from MyPlate.gov! This initiative is all about bringing it back to basics and focusing on simple ways you can improve your food choices from each of the five MyPlate food groups. Learn more in our latest USDA blog post and in this press release.
We also have several new resources, including:
- YouTube video featuring USDA Secretary Sonny Perdue
- The Start Simple with MyPlate tip sheet.
- The MyPlate Plan Menu template to record what you eat and drink during the day from each of the five MyPlate food groups. Use it alone, or along with the MyPlate Plan tool.
- The Start Simple with MyPlate Toolkit for Professionals - This comprehensive online toolkit features promotion ideas, sample social media, a tip library, graphics and more.
- You can also join us in our #MyPlateChallenge on social media! Share your healthy eating tips or ideas related to the five MyPlate food groups. Post your MyPlate inspired healthy eating tip with a photo or video and share it on your social media accounts. Once you post your healthy eating tip, challenge a family member, friend or co-worker to share their own healthy eating tip.