Quality Assurance will be held virtually in 2021. Zoom sessions will be offered at 6:00 PM on the following dates:
Click here to join the Zoom QA sessions!
A last chance QA session will be held on July 26 at 6:00 PM (fee will be charged). Quality Assurance must be completed by July 27 in order to participate in the Wayne County Fair.
Links to Documents Referenced during our 2021 Quality Assurance ZOOM Presentations
- Championing 4-H Animal Wellbeing Pledge
- Health Products Hazard Self-Assessment
- My Feed Practices Check-Up
Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA Online Certification Program)
Youth who intend to show their project animal(s) at an exhibition (e.g., county or state fair) have the option to complete an online YQCA session. These sessions are done on your own time (not part of our scheduled ZOOM sessions). For the training to meet the Ohio Youth Food Animal QA requirement for the project year:
- All Wayne County Livestock Exhibitors may use this option for 2021 ONLY.
- The on-line module completed MUST be for the correct 4-H age for the youth.
- The online session must be completed by July 27th.
- You MUST send or deliver a copy of the certificate to the Wayne County Extension Office. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All other online courses do not meet the Ohio Youth Food Animal QA certification requirements (ie. BQA, PQA, etc).
- Youth can go to the following website to take the age-appropriate on-line module for $12:
- Youth will need their 4HOnline login and password or they can create their own login and password. Youth MUST register using 4HOnline for their results to automatically show up in 4HOnline.
- The YQCA test-outs are NOT an option at this time.