Junior Camp Counselors provide leadership to youth participating in our annual five-day resident camp at Camp Ohio in Utica. Counselors are expected to attend all trainings and help plan and conduct camp for 8 - 13-year-olds. Counselors (16 and older) and Counselors in Training (14-15 years old) lead camp activities, supervise, and actively engage campers.
Interested in being a counselor in training or camp counselor - applications are part of the annual Ohio 4-H Achievement Record that teens complete in the fall. Achievement Records are due to the Wayne County Extension Office December 2nd.
Below is the 2019 schedule of Junior Camp Counselor meetings.
- February 23-24th MXC - Making eXtreme Camp Counselors - Statewide Counselor Workshop, State 4-H Office
- March 7th - 6 -8 pm, Extension Office
- March 21st - 6-8 pm, Extension Office
- March 29-30th - 6 pm - 12 noon, Counselor Retreat at Buckeye Agricultural Museum and Education Center
- April 11th - 6-8pm, Extension Office (Combined with Cloverbud Day Camp Counselors)
- April 25th - 6-8 pm, Buckeye Agricultural Museum and Education Center (Combined with Cloverbud Day Camp Counselors)
- April 26-27th - Camp Counselor Weekend - On-site Training at 4-H Camp Ohio
- May 9th - 6-8 pm, Extension Office
- May 27th - 6-8 pm, Extension Office
- June 6th - 6-8 pm, Extension Office
- June 27th - 6-9 pm (note extra hour), Extension Office
- June 29th - July 3rd Junior Camp at 4-H Camp Ohio