Junior Camp Counselors provide leadership to youth participating in our annual overnight camp at Camp Ohio in Utica. Counselors are expected to attend all trainings and help plan and conduct camp for 8 - 13-year-olds. Counselors (16 and older) and Counselors in Training (14-15 years old) lead camp activities, supervise, and actively engage campers.
Interested in being a counselor in training or camp counselor - applications are part of the annual Ohio 4-H Achievement Record that teens complete in the fall. Achievement Records are due to the Wayne County Extension Office December 1st.
Below is the 2021 schedule of Junior Camp Counselor meetings.
- March 4th - 6-8 pm, Fisher Auditorium
- March 18th - 6-8 pm, Fisher Auditorium
- April 1st - 6-8 pm, Fisher Auditorium
- April 15th - 6-8 pm, Fisher Auditorium
- April 29th - 6-8 pm, Fisher Auditorium
- May 13th - 6-8 pm at Fisher Auditorium
- May 27th - 6-8 pm, Fisher Auditorium
- June 10th - 6-8 pm, Fisher Auditorium
- June 24th - 6-8 pm, Fisher Auditorium
- June 29th - 2:00 pm, Counselors arrive at 4-H Camp Ohio for on-site training / camp set up
- June 30th - July 3rd Jr. Camp at 4-H Camp Ohio (Counselors depart approx. 1130 am)
- July 12th - All Day - Camp Counselor Evaluation / Exit Interviews (Counselors will sign up for a 15-minute interview time slot)