Junior Camp Counselors provide leadership to youth participating in our annual overnight camp at Camp Ohio in Utica. Counselors are expected to attend all trainings and help plan and conduct camp for 8 - 13-year-olds. Counselors (16 and older) and Counselors in Training (14-15 years old) lead camp activities, supervise, and actively engage campers.
Interested in being a counselor in training or camp counselor - applications are part of the annual Ohio 4-H Achievement Record that teens complete in the fall. Achievement Records are due to the Wayne County Extension Office November 3rd.
Below is the 2023 schedule of Junior Camp Counselor meetings.
- March 4th -9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Counselor Kick Off Day, Secrest Welcome Center, Ohio MANDATORY
- March 16th - 6-8 pm, 2042 Claremont Ave., Ashland, Ohio
- April 6th - 6-8 pm, Fisher Auditorium, Wooster, Ohio
- April 21-22nd - Camp Counselor Weekend at 4-H Camp Ohio- MANDATORY for 1st & 2nd year counselors, forms must be turned in by MARCH 25th, Saturday April 22nd Only
- April 27th - 6-8 pm, 2042 Claremont Ave., Ashland, Ohio
- May 11th - 6-8 pm, Fisher Auditorium, Wooster, Ohio
- May 25th - 6-8 pm, 2042 Claremont Ave., Ashland, Ohio
- June 8th - 6-8 pm, 2042 Claremont Ave., Ashland, Ohio
- June 22nd - 6-8pm MANDATORY - Fisher Auditorium, Wooster, Ohio
- June 29th - 1:00 pm, Counselors arrive at 4-H Camp Ohio for on-site training / camp set up
- June 30th - July 3rd Jr. Camp at 4-H Camp Ohio (Counselors depart approx. 1130 am)
- July 14th - All Day - Camp Counselor Evaluation / Exit Interviews (Counselors will sign up for a 15-minute interview time slot) https://go.osu.edu/2023campcounselorexitinterview
Excused Absence Request Form: https://go.osu.edu/2023attendanceform
**You must also notify Jackie and/or Diane if you will not be attending a meeting.