Junior Camp Counselors provide leadership to youth participating in our annual overnight camp at Camp Ohio in Utica. Counselors are expected to attend all trainings and help plan and conduct camp for 8 - 13-year-olds. Counselors (16 and older) and Counselors in Training (14-15 years old) lead camp activities, supervise, and actively engage campers.
Interested in being a counselor in training or camp counselor - applications are part of the annual Ohio 4-H Achievement Record that teens complete in the fall. Achievement Records are due to the Wayne County Extension Office December 1st.
Below is the 2022 schedule of Junior Camp Counselor meetings.
- March 5th -9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Counselor Kick Off Day, Location Event Center, Wayne County Fairgrounds
- March 24th - 6-8 pm, Ashland OSU Extension Office
- April 7th - 7-8 pm, Fisher Auditorium, Wooster
- April 28th - 6-8 pm, Ashland OSU Extension Office
- May 12th - 7-8 pm, Fisher Auditorium, Wooster
- June 2nd - 7-8 pm, Fisher Auditorium, Wooster
- June 23rd - 6-8 pm, Ashland OSU Extension Office
- June 29th - 2:00 pm, Counselors arrive at 4-H Camp Ohio for on-site training / camp set up
- June 30th - July 3rd Jr. Camp at 4-H Camp Ohio (Counselors depart approx. 1130 am)
- July 15th - All Day - Camp Counselor Evaluation / Exit Interviews (Counselors will sign up for a 15-minute interview time slot)