The Wayne County 4-H Junior Leaders Club is open to all youth 13-18 years old. Junior Leaders typically meets the first Monday of the Month from October - June. Each monthly meeting features some aspect of leadership development, career exploration, and/or community service. The Junior Leaders Club also works together with the Senior Fair Board, Extension Office, and 4-H Clubs in Wayne County to sponsor the annual Bikes for Kids Christmas Project.
2018-2019 Junior Leaders Schedule of Events
- October 1, 2018 - Membership overview, officer elections and mixers - 7 pm, Sheep and Swine Arena at the Wayne County Fairgrounds.
- November 5, 2018 - Electricity Safety and Careers in Electricity Production presented by the Holmes Wayne Rural Electric Cooperative - 7 pm, Fisher Auditorium, OSU Wooster Campus.
- December 3, 2018 - Bikes for Kids Christmas Project with Senior Fair Board - 7 pm, FFA Building at the Wayne County Fairgrounds.
- January 14, 2019 - Certified Angus Beef Brand Overview, Grilling the Perfect Steak, Exploring Careers in AgriBusiness, Meats Judging and Livestock Judging Teams Overview - 7 pm at the Certified Angus Beef Culinary Education Center.
- February 4, 2019 - Teambuilding Games and Line Dancing with Barry Jolliff - 7 pm, Buckeye Agricultural Museum and Education Center (across from the fairgrounds).
- March 4, 2019 - Tour and Careers in Agriculture presented by Ag. Pro (formerly Shearer Equipment) - 7 pm, Ag. Pro, 7762 Cleveland Road, Wooster, OH, 44691.
- April 1, 2019 - Service Project - Packing Supplies for Less Fortunate Families - 7 pm, Apostolic World Relief Center
- May 6, 2019 - Program at OARDC - 7 pm, Secrest Arboretum, Miller Pavilion 2122 Williams Rd. Wooster, OH 44691 For Directions Click Here
- June 3, 2019 - School's Out Year-End Party and Hot Dog Roast - 6:30 pm, Barry Jolliff's Barn 760 E. Hutton Road, Wooster, OH 44691
Stay Up to Date with Junior Leaders
Join the Junior Leaders Remind Text update list to for reminders and updates about upcoming Junior Leaders meetings and events.