The Wayne County 4-H Junior Leaders Club is open to all youth 13-18 years old. Junior Leaders typically meets the first Monday of the Month from October - June. Each monthly meeting features some aspect of leadership development, career exploration, and/or community service. The Junior Leaders Club also works together with the Senior Fair Board, Extension Office, and 4-H Clubs in Wayne County to sponsor the annual Bikes for Kids Christmas Project.
2019-2020 Junior Leaders Schedule of Events
- October 7, 2019 - Fall Fun at Stoney Creek Farm, membership overview, officer elections! - 5:30-8:30 pm, Stoney Creek Farm 14826 Stratton Rd. West Salem, OH 44287 Click the following links for a PDF of the Flyer and the Membership Form
- November 12, 2019 - Achievement Record Workshop and Team Building Games Night! - 6-7pm (or as long as you need) come and work on your achievement record with the help of Extension Professionals - 7-8:30pm Team building games with advisor Barry Jolliff! Here is the link to the November Flyer
2018-2019 Junior Leaders Schedule of Events
- October 1, 2018 - Membership overview, officer elections and mixers - 7 pm, Sheep and Swine Arena at the Wayne County Fairgrounds.
- November 5, 2018 - Electricity Safety and Careers in Electricity Production presented by the Holmes Wayne Rural Electric Cooperative - 7 pm, Fisher Auditorium, OSU Wooster Campus.
- December 3, 2018 - Bikes for Kids Christmas Project with Senior Fair Board - 7 pm, FFA Building at the Wayne County Fairgrounds.
- January 14, 2019 - Certified Angus Beef Brand Overview, Grilling the Perfect Steak, Exploring Careers in AgriBusiness, Meats Judging and Livestock Judging Teams Overview - 7 pm at the Certified Angus Beef Culinary Education Center.
- February 4, 2019 - Teambuilding Games and Line Dancing with Barry Jolliff - 7 pm, Buckeye Agricultural Museum and Education Center (across from the fairgrounds).
- March 4, 2019 - Tour and Careers in Agriculture presented by Ag. Pro (formerly Shearer Equipment) - 7 pm, Ag. Pro, 7762 Cleveland Road, Wooster, OH, 44691.
- April 1, 2019 - Service Project - Packing Supplies for Less Fortunate Families - 7 pm, Apostolic World Relief Center
- May 6, 2019 - Program at OARDC - 7 pm, Secrest Arboretum, Miller Pavilion 2122 Williams Rd. Wooster, OH 44691 For Directions Click Here
- June 3, 2019 - School's Out Year-End Party and Hot Dog Roast - 6:30 pm, Barry Jolliff's Barn 760 E. Hutton Road, Wooster, OH 44691
Stay Up to Date with Junior Leaders
Join the Junior Leaders Remind Text update list to for reminders and updates about upcoming Junior Leaders meetings and events.